The Security Administrator is responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, monitoring, optimizing, and designing security systems. He is also responsible for assessing, planning, and enacting security measures to help protect an organization from security breaches and attacks on its computer networks and systems.
This job involves simulating attacks to identify vulnerabilities, testing new software to help protect the company’s data, and helping users adhere to new regulations and processes to ensure the network and systems stay safe.Nature & Scope:
- Review, design, implement, monitor, and upgrade the network/host security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, VPN appliances, antivirus, and encryption services and systems.
- Configure, maintain, and upgrade the network infrastructure, routers, switches, and wireless systems.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure the protection of information security assets.
- Assure security KPIs are met to ensure the security regulations implementation.
- Analyse and manage risks including defining controls and security measures to mitigate information security risk.
- Perform daily monitoring and incident response reporting for issues related to security threats and compromised servers, accounts, and hosts.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Implement, manage, and monitor security and compliance solutions for hybrid environments and cloud systems such as Azure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address security issues and implement best practices.
- Develop and deliver cybersecurity awareness training to employees and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the creation of technical documentation and user guides.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Handle assigned task & Projects that emanates from the head of IT.
- Scale systems to support 400+ domain users (Faculty, Staff, and Students)
- Support several hundred visitors during events hosted at MBSC, and hundreds of remote participants during Webinars/webcasts/etc.
- Currently one building on Campus. Will expand to 2 and more within 24 months and potentially multiple campuses.
- Liaise with different consultant companies and their IT personnel working on MBSC projects.
- Coordinate with applications & Infrastructure team while working on projects.
- Share technical knowledge with other team members and solve critical problems within the shortest time.
- Deep knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 – the international standard on how to manage information security.
- Deep knowledge of intrusion detection systems and NIST 800 series publications
- Huge knowledge of security controls and network system management
- Deep knowledge of information security risk management
- Familiarity with networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, switching and routing concepts.
- Knowledge of network devices, such as Cisco routers and switches, is a plus
- Experience with network monitoring tools and software, such as Wireshark, Nmap, Metasploit, Nessus, is a plus.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts.
- Highly experienced in providing desktop and laptop support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Job Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Primary, Prep, & Secondary School
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Information Technology
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Employee Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
- Number of Vacancies:1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 4
- Nationality: Saudi Arabia
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Age: Min: 0 Max: 0
If you are eligible and qualified then:
About Prince Mohammed Bin Salman College (MBSC)
Prince Mohammed Bin Salman College (MBSC) of Business & Entrepreneurship is a new private, higher education institution for both men and women. It has been established through an International partnership between Emaar The Economic City, Babson Global (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Babson College, USA), Lockheed Martin under the umbrella of the Economic Offset Program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the MISK foundation.
MBSC features Babson College’s unique approach to entrepreneurial education which does not rely on passively listening to classroom lectures but focuses on hands-on experiential learning that is practical and pragmatic. The curriculum uses a set of signature experiential courses that will require students to apply their learning to real world problems or start new social or business ventures. This type of project based learning will be supplemented by a network of mentors and advisors. Development of individuals will continue outside class through an intentionally created set of co-curricular experiences that will reinforce and build the entrepreneurial leadership skills of students. MBSC has a culture that reflects the best of academic traditions in all world class institutions of higher learning whose hallmarks include respect for diverse viewpoints, professionalism, integrity, and a constant commitment to excellence both in and out of the classroom.